Let's wrap this up.

22:30

So, picture the scene. I have three essays due tomorrow. I managed to finish them earlier in the evening, so that I had the rest of the night to relax, and begin wrapping my presents. I prepare the room, warn my parents to stay out, light some candles, make a Christmas playlist on Spotify, and sit down to begin.

Of course, when I take everything out and survey it, and it feels like I haven't bought enough. Back out tomorrow to get more, then.

I don't know if this is a thing that happens with a lot of people, but I feel the need to wait until I have everything before I start the wrapping process. I mean, I've started to wrap a few bits and pieces tonight, so I don't feel totally defeated, but hey ho, what can you do?

Anyone that knows me will know I'm quite grinch-y about Christmas. But every year, the thing I enjoy by far about the lead up is buying presents, and wrapping them. There's something quite therapeutic about it, I think. I will try to make them look nice, while at the same time trying to perfect and improve my wrapping techniques. (I haven't gotten as far as using tissue paper and sticking on pretty bows. Not yet. Maybe next year.) After that, there's just something so nice in stacking them up under the tree, standing back and appreciating the abundance of joy (hopefully) that you've purchased and wrapped up.

Me, every Christmas. 

What I can at least offer with my first post; is my playlist! It's a mix of some classics, up to date covers, and some good old, crass, pop punk Christmas songs. All in all, it's quite cringey. (Is it okay to use that word anymore? I can't think of a better alternative.) BUT if you can't embrace the cringe at Christmas, then WHEN?!?! Answer: never.

If you, like me, need to wait until last minute to make sure you have absolutely everything you need, then here's something to listen to until you have everything you need so you can start to wrap. And then listen to AS you wrap. Merry Christmas, one and all.


Yes, there is Coldplay on this playlist. No, I am not ashamed.

You Might Also Like

0 comments